InterAction and its members, as agents of change, believe in empowering ourselves and others with information to deliver better results for global change. We pool and share data about the work of InterAction members around the world through simple maps. NGO Aid Map gives a picture of international aid that would not exist otherwise.
Data is provided by our members on a voluntary basis, so the map is a partial picture of what our community does. Projects are continuously being added, so we encourage you to visit often to learn more about the work of our members.
FIVE PRINCIPLES UNDERPIN EVERYTHING WE DO
- Make it as easy as possible to share data. If it’s not easy, organizations won’t keep
providing information, and there’s little value to a map that never gets
- Present the data in a way that makes it
simple to understand and use. Our site
is designed to make it easy to find the information people are looking for, to
help them make the decisions they need to make.
- Make the data open and accessible. We know there are many ways to slice and
dice data. That’s why we’ve made it possible to download the data on every page
of the site.
- Do no harm. While we are strong advocates of openness, we realize there can be negative consequences to sharing data. We let organizations know that they should only share information if it is safe to do so, and review data that has been submitted to make sure that there isn't anything that could put someone in harm's way.
- Collaborate with like-minded organizations also working to make more information available. NGO Aid Map is just one piece of the puzzle. By working with organizations who also see the value in open data, we hope to create a more complete picture of what is happening with international aid.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS TOOL?
• Explore and learn about
• Find new NGO partners
• Download and analyze the data
If you are an InterAction member and would like to contribute data to this map, email us.